You know What ?
Fungi is one of the four major groups of microorganisms that are Bacteria,Viruses,Parasites and Fungi.
What is Fungal Infection ?
Well, fungal infection is caused by fungi(primitive microorganism).These microorganisms are lived in the air,soil,planets and human body.It’s type of germ that lives on all of us.They are everywhere.Fungi grows in dead keratin,a protein that makes up your skin,nail and hair.Generally,these are harmless but it can affect the people with weak immune system.Normally,they lives in human body that are not harmful but overgrowth of these microorganisms can cause Fungal Infection.A Fungus is a superficial skin problem not a internal one.Fungal infection can affect your face, hair scalp, nail, foot and vagina too.
What are the causes of fungal infection?
Generally,Overgrowth of microorganisms can cause Fungal Infection but this overgrowth of microorganisms is happened due to these reasons so following are the real causes of fungal infection:-
- Weak immune system.
- If you are taking excess of protein then it can also cause skin fungal infection.
- Poor Eating habits.
- If you are taking excess of sugar products.
- Stress and lack of sleep can also cause fungal infection.
- Fungi just love warm climate so if you are living near warm climate it can affect you.
- Hormonal imbalance.
What are the different types of Fungal Infection?
There are number of different types of infections caused by Fungi:-
Ringworm is one of common Fungal infection of the skin.It is also Known as ‘Tinea’.It is caused by mold-like parasites that live on the cells in the outer layer of the skin.It typically develops into a rounded,red and implammed patch of the skin.It’s just look like a ring that’s why it is known as RingWorm.It Can affect all humans,man,woman or child.For more details…..
Vaginal Yeast Infection
Yeast infection is also known as ‘Candidiasis’ that is caused by fungus candida.An overgrowth of yeast can cause vaginal yeast infection and this overgrowth is happened due to antibiotics,pregnancy,hormonal imbalance and weak immune system.Generally,candida species are present in healthy women in the vagina without causing anything but disturbance of normal balance of bacteria can cause Vaginal Yeast Infection.For more details….
Hair Scalp Fungal Infection
Hair Scalp fungal infection is also known as ‘Tinea Capitis’.Even Dandruff can be the reason of scalp fungal infection.Overgrowth of fungus on the scalp starts to feed off it that leads to dandruff and hair loss.The scalp becomes red and cicatrix.Even Ringworm can affect the hair scalp that cause the hair loss.For more details…..
Athlete’s Foot and Nail Infection
It is also known as ‘Tinea Pedis’ that is caused by fungus.It can affect any part of the foot and can cause foot itching,burning and pain.These germs are commonly found in showers,locker room floor and around swimming pools.It can affect the toes, nails and soles of the feet but it’s not a serious problem.
Aspergillus fumigatus is also fungal infection.They are typically lives in the soil and air. A Fumigatus can mainly affects people with low immune system and those are suffereing from lung diseases.It can cause allergic reactions,lung infections and infections in the organs.It can also cause cough,fever and shortness of breath.
What are the signs and Symptoms of Fungal Infection?
Common symptoms of fungal infection are :-
- Redness and soreness of the vagina.
- Itching and Rashes on the skin or scalp.
- Intense itching of vaginal area.
- Yellow dandruff.
- Stubborn Acne,pimples and rashes on face.
- Malformed nail and toe.
- Irritation and Burning.
- Hair loss and dry patches.
- Thick and odorless vaginal discharge.
What are the treatment of Fungal Infection?
In order to treat fungal infection, there are several anti fungal creams, lotions and shampoos are available in the market.Firstly, you need a proper diagnose of the infection.The doctor do proper examination of the infection by checking the sample of the infection i.e in case of yeast infection,doctor takes a sample of vaginal discharge for examining the accurate cause.
Generally people can use anti-fungal creams,lotions or shampoos that contains clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole, tioconazole, terbinafine, and amorolfine.
- For Scalp fungal infection, you can use shampoo or lotion that contains ketoconazole like Nizoral and Ketofly shampoo.
- For face fungal infection, you can use Anti-fungal cream like i.e Candid B,Lamisil,Clotrimazole Antifungal Cream etc.
- For Foot Fungal Infection,you can use creams,liquids, sprays or powders i.e Lamisil,Tinactin,Lotrimin and Tolnaftate antifungal cream etc.
- For Vaginal Yeast Infection, You can take pills, tablets or can use creams etc i.e you can take Fluconazole Tablets.