Scalp Fungal Infection is one of the type of ‘Fungal Infection‘. A scalp infection is a condition where bacteria, viruses infect the skin on the head. Well! do you know the problem of dandruff that is usually caused by lack of hygiene, oily or dry skin But! But! the actual reason behind that dandruff could be ‘Fungus’ , which lives on your scalp/skin. Generally, these fungus are lives everywhere and not harmful but excess growth of these fungus can cause ‘Scalp Fungal Infection’. Scalp fungal infection can give rashes, reddness, pimples,ringworm, dry patches, yellow dandruff and hair fall issues. Moreover, a ringworm on the scalp is also a scalp fungal infection.
Causes Of Scalp Fungal Infection
Generally, it is caused by excess growth of fungus but how they overgrow ???? So here is the list of exact causes of scalp fungal infection:-
- Lack Of Hygiene.
- Using wrong products for hair.
- Oily or dry skin.
- Low immune system.
- Warm environment.
- Hormonal Disorders.
- More intake of sugar products.
Symptoms Of Scalp Fungal Infection
- Rashes on scalp.
- Hair Loss.
- Scaly patches and itching.
- Hair thinning.
- Ringworm on scalp.
- Yellow Dandruff.
- Pimples and red bumps on scalp.
Diagnosis And Treatment Of Scalp Fungal Infection
In order to diagnose scalp fungal infection, doctor usually takes the sample of hair or scrapping of affected area and send it to the laboratory for proper diagnosis. They use microscope in order to find the exact cause of the scalp problem. If it’s ringworm or scalp fungal infection then doctor suggest the antibacterial or antiviral medicines, creams, lotions or shampoos for treating Scalp fungal infection. Doctor can suggest you medicines like itraconazole or fluconazole to treat scalp fungal infection. Better to take proper advise for selecting best suitable medicine for you.
Home Remedy For Scalp Fungal Infection
- Take a shampoo/oil/aloe vera gel/cream/lotion.
- Dilute 2-3 drops of tea tree oil into a cream/shampoo/lotion/aloe vera gel and apply it on your scalp and wash your hair.
Prevention For Scalp Fungal Infection
- Avoid contact with infected pets, people, soil and objects.
- Avoid borrowing towels, combs and brushes.
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Do wash your hair regularly.
- Always clean your combs and hair care products.
- Use good hair oil.
- Use wide-tooth combs and brushes with smooth tips.
- Avoid rough combing, brushing, or rubbing with a towel when your hair is wet.
- Limit your use of curling irons, flat irons or straighteners, hot rollers, and hair dryers.
I wish it would be helpful for all of you.