Vaginal Yeast Infection !
Don’t Worry,It’s Not Dangerous Issue.
Well,Vaginal Yeast Infection is one of the type of ‘Fungal Infection‘ known as ‘Candida’.It’s caused by fungus candida that is associated with itching,burning and swelling.Vagina normally contains a balanced mix of yeast including candida and bacteria but overgrowth of these bacteria and candida can cause Yeast Infection.It’s not a serious issue,3 out of 4 women can face this type of issue in her life.Itching,swelling and burning at the vaginal area can be the reason of yeast infection.Yeast infections usually happen in warm,moist parts of the body like mouth,vagina,under arms etc.It can happen due to overgrowth of fungus and bacteria but how can they overgrow?
Here are the causes of Vaginal Yeast Infections
- Overgrowth of these fungus can happen due to antibiotics.
- Weak immune system.
- Poor eating habits.
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
- Excess intake of sugar products and carbohydrates.
- Unhygienic Vaginal Area.
- Hormonal imbalance.
Symptoms Of Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Itching and irritation in vagina.
- Yellow discharge.
- Thick and odor-free vaginal discharge.
- Redness and swelling at vaginal area.
- Pain and soreness.
- Rashes at vaginal area.
- Pain during sexual intercourse.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection
Vaginal yeast infection is diagnosed by a sample of the discharge in the laboratory.In order to treat vaginal yeast infection,there are several anti fungal creams,lotions,sprays and tablets available in the market.After taking proper examination of the infection, doctor can suggest appropriate medicine/lotion/cream for vaginal infection.Generally,people can use lotion or cream that contains ketoconazole, miconazole, tioconazole, terbinafine, and amorolfine.These medicines are easily available at medical stores.
Prevention Of vaginal yeast infection
As everyone knows prevention is better than cure.So in order to reduce the risk of vaginal yeast infection,you must follow these things:-
- Avoid unnecessary antibiotic use, such as for colds or other viral infections.
- Always clean vaginal area with gentle soaps and water.
- Avoid using powders and fragrant sprays in the genital area.
- Stay out of hot tubs and very hot bath.
- Avoid tight under-garments.
- Change pads and panty liners often.
- Maintain Proper Hygiene at Vaginal area.
- Do not ablution.This can remove some of the normal bacteria at vaginal area that protects the vagina from infection.