Everyone knows the word’Hormones’.
But do you know the exact meaning of the word’Hormones’?
Well, Hormones are specific molecule act as a chemical messanger in the endocrine system(hormone system) that’s made up of 8 glands. These glands work together to maintain the delicate balance of hormones. A slight change in the working of these glands can affect hormone system. Hormones are responsible for various biological activities like growth, development, reproduction, water and electrolyte balance.
Everyone knows about’Stress’. Stress can affect our life but when stress becomes unmanageable, it can affect a variety of our body’s system. One of such system is our ‘Hormonal System’.
Types Of Hormones
There are mainly 2 types of hormones:-
- Peptide Hormones:- Peptide hormones are responsible for human growth and development.
- Steroid Hormones:- Steroid hormones are responsible for sex and reproduction.
Main Causes Of Hormonal Imbalance
- Stress is one of the biggest cause of hormonal imbalance because extreme stress can affect our hormonal system.
- Digestion problems like gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea can affect our hormonal system.
- Plastics are everywhere(i.e plastic water bottles, plastic containers, plastic lunch box, many food products are also available in plastic). The chemical used in plastics can affect our hormonal system and the most harmul chemical in plastics are Bisphenol-A(BPA).
- Chemicals used in many body care and cosmetics products like parabens, phthalates, triclosan , petrochemical can affect our hormonal system.
- Too much body fat create excess estrogen in the body which can lower progesterone levels.
- Many non-organic foods like seeds, nuts, grains can also affect our hormonal system because they are heavily sprayed with herbicides and chemical fertilizers.
- Poor life style and poor eating habits can also affect our hormonal system.
Signs And Symptoms Of Hormonal Imbalance
- Hormonal imbalance can give you migraines and headaches issues because it affects our estrogen hormone. A decline in estrogen can leads to migraines issues.
- During periods and menstrual cycle, ovaries does not produce progesterone hormones that can give sleeping and insomnia issues.
- Fluctuating hormonal level can affect our moods and emotions.
- Upto 75% of women experience hot flashes/sweating during hormonal imbalance.
- Sudden cravings is also one of the symptoms of hormonal imbalance.
- Low estrogen levels impact our memory, stress levels and ability to think. So short-term memory loss is also one of the symptom of hormonal imbalance.
- Decline in the estrogen hormonal levels can give the issues of skin dryness. The breast can also lose firmness due to hormonal imbalance.
- Hormonal imbalance can give us acne and breakout issues.
- Sudden weight gain can also be one of the reason of hormonal imbalance.
Tips To Balance Our Hormones Naturally
- Focus on your lifestyles and do eat well and sleep well.
- Avoid the use of plastic bottles, containers and products that are available in plastics.
- Avoid the products that contains parabens.
- Do exercise daily and drink fresh juice daily.
- Avoid stress.
- Take Herbal Supplements Known to Balance Hormones.
- Use gelatin to improve your hormones.
- Eat egg yolks to balance your hormones.
- Eat products that contains vitamin A,D, selenium.
- Stop taking hormonal birth control.