Skin Discoloration or skin pigmentation means change in the texture and color of the skin. Skin discoloration disorder affect the color of the skin.Here ‘Melanin’ Plays an important role.
Do you know about ‘Melanin‘?
Well, Melanin is substance that provides color to our skin but over production or low production of melanin can cause ‘Skin Discoloration Disorder or Skin Pigmentation Disorder’. Moreover, many other skin infections or allergies like bacterial, fungal infections, acnes, blisters, burns, cuts or wounds can also cause skin discoloration disorder.This disorder can affect your face, a specific part of the body or the entire body.
When body produces excess melanin, our skin gets darker. In reverse, when body makes less melanin, skin gets lighter.
Common Types Of Skin Discoloration Or Pigmentation
- Hyperpigmentation ( Skin Darkening).
- Tanned Skin( Tanning due to Sun Exposure).
- Skin Lightening ( White Patches).
- Rashes or Redness of the skin.
- Wounds, Cuts, Burns or Other Allergies.
Causes Of Skin Discoloration
- Skin Discoloration can also caused by fungal infection. This condition is known as’ Tinea Versicolor’. In this condition, White or Red Patches can appear on the skin.
- Vitiligo is one of the biggest skin disorder. It causes the loss of skin color in blotches. It cause white patches on some areas of the body or the entire body. It usually occurs when the cells that produce melanin stop functioning or die.
- Rosacea is common skin infection that cause redness, rashes and red patches on face.
- Skin discoloration can also happened due to sun rays or sun exposure. It can make your skin dark and tanned.
- Pregnant women or women who takes birth control pills can face the issue of ‘Skin darkening’ that’s known as ‘Melasma’. Melasma is skin disorder that can happen due to ‘Sun exposure’. It can also occur due to thyroid problems.
- Skin injuries, cuts, burns and major wounds can also cause skin pigmentation.
- Hives or urticaria is skin infection or allergy. It can give red itchy welts or bumps in several sizes that appear on one place in the form of skin colored rashes but this skin disorder is temporary in nature.
- Normal breakouts, acnes & pimples, blisters and scars can also cause skin discoloration.
- Paleness also cause skin discoloration. In paleness, skin becomes more lighter and pale than actual color of the skin.
- ‘Neurofibromatosis’ is tan spots in different shapes and in areas of the skin that cause skin pigmentation.
- Some allergic reactions due to insect bite, environmental changes , using wrong products can also cause skin discoloration.
Symptoms And Signs Of Skin Discoloration
Skin discoloration either makes the skin lighter or darker than the normal skin color. Moreover, in other skin disorders,it can make your skin Reddish, Pale, Bumpy and injured too.Common symptoms of Skin Discoloration are :-
- White Patches.
- Hyperpigmentation ( Skin Darkening).
- Red circular patches.
- Brown Scars and spots.
- Skin colored bumpy welts.
Home Remedies To Treat Skin Pigmentation Disorder
- Use Potato Slices for Skin Pigmentation Disorder If Causes Of Your Skin Discoloration Are Acnes, Blisters And Photo-aging:-
Do you know! Potato contains Vitamin-C, B-complex, potassium, calcium,phosphorus and zinc.The natural sugars, enzymes and straches in potatoes helps to exfoliate skin and slough off the dead skin cells. For this, just cut thick slices of potato and rub it on your skin where you have pigmentation. Do it for 5-8 minutes daily then wash your face. It will help you to improve the skin texture and helps to control acnes and pimples.
- Use Kumkumadi Tailam If Cause Of Your Skin Discoloration is ‘ Skin Darkening Or Tanning’:-
Kumkumadi Tailam is an ayurvedic herbal oil that helps to improve the skin texture, complexion and appearance of the skin. It is natural and has no side effects. It is also known as ‘Saffron Oil’. If you are suffering from skin darkening , hyperpigmentation, dark spots, red patches and tanning issues, then Kumkumadi Tailam is one of the effective remedy. Do massage your face with kumkumadi tailam as it will help to reduce the release of melanin pigment and will give you natural glowing look.
- Use Ginger And Turmeric If Cause Of Your Skin Discoloration Is ‘White Patches Or Vitiligo’:-
Ginger is one of the best home remedy to cure the issue of Vitiligo and White Patches because ginger increases the melanin production in the skin. For this, Take some ginger slices and keep it directly on your white patches. Do it daily. It will improve the condition.
Turmeric is another home remedy to treat white patches problem.For this, take turmeric and mustard oil. Mix it well and apply it directly on the white patches of your skin. It will surely help to reduce the problem.
- Use Lavender Oil If Causes Of Your Skin Discoloration Are Injury, Cuts, Burns, Wounds And Red Patches:-
Lavender Oil is one of the famous essential oil. It’s famous for it’s natural Scent & Aroma. Lavender oil has several skin and health benefits. Lavender oil is really effective to treat cuts, burns, scars, wounds and red patches of the skin. For this, Take 3-4 drops of lavender oil and do apply it on your affected parts. It helps to heal the wounds,burns,cuts and red patches and improves the skin texture. Lavender oil can be applied directly on your skin.
- Use Tea Tree Oil If Causes Of Your Skin Discoloration Are Fungal Infection, Rosacea, Tinea, Psoriasis etc:-
Tea tree oil is famous for it’s anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. It helps to kill the bad bacteria. You can use tea tree oil if causes of your skin pigmentation are Rosacea, Fungal infection, Acnes, Blisters, Psoriasis, Tinea etc. For this, take a tea tree oil. Dilute 2-3 drops of tea tree oil into your cream/lotion/aloe vera gel and then apply it on your affected parts of the skin.
Never Apply Tea Tree Oil Directly On Your Skin.
- Use Aloe Vera Gel If Cause Of Your Skin Discoloration Is Sun Exposure And Tanning:-
Aloe Vera ‘The Wonder Plant’ has several skin and health benefits.Aloe vera contains Vitamin A,C,E and B12 as well as minerals like potassium, iron,zinc, folic acid, calcium and magnesium.It provides Nourishment to our skin and really good for our skin texture. If cause of your skin discoloration is tanning or sun burn then do apply aloe vera gel daily on your affected parts. It will help to improve the skin.
- Make A Powder Of Dried Leaves Of Neem Tree To Deal With White Patches Of The Skin:-
Neem is really effective to treat several skin disorders. If you are suffering from white patches and vitiligo skin disorder then make a powder of dried leaves of neem along with some fruits and take it daily( one teaspoon) with a one glass of water. It will help you to reduce the white patches.
Always try to drink a water in copper glass because water infused with copper ions that helps in production of melanin that our skin needs.