Well if you are a female then you surely heard the terms ‘PCOD or PCOS’.
PCOS stands for ‘Polycystic Ovary Syndrome’. It’s a health problem in which many small cysts are found in the ovaries.
But Why it happens ? well, generally ovaries produce sex hormones( Androgen Hormone) but overproduction of this sex hormone can cause PCOS and all this affect the development and release of eggs during ovulation.
It’s hormonal disorder problem which can affect on menstrual cycle, blood vessels, hormones, heart, appearance and childbirth.
Androgen is a male sex hormone that women’s ovaries produce but overproduction of androgen can cause ‘PCOS or PCOD’.
Causes Of PCOS Or PCOD
According to the doctors, it’s exact cause is unknown but still most common causes can be :-
- Genetics ( problem run in families).
- Overproduction of Androgens.
Symptoms Of PCOS Or PCOD
- Weight gain.
- Skin related problems like acne & oily skin.
- Pelvic pain.
- Problems with ovulation.
- Irregular periods.
- Excess hair growth on face,back,stomach or thumbs.
- Dark or brown patches on skin.
Diagnose Of PCOS or PCOD
PCOS is diagnosed by taking a physical and pelvic examination. You doctor can test your blood to determine lipid levels, androgen hormone, thyroid function and blood sugar level.Moreover, a vaginal ultrasound is also required to diagnose the PCOS.
Treatment And Prevention Of PCOS OR PCOD
The treatment of PCOS is depends upon the symptoms and age.A doctor can suggest better medication as per your symptoms.
Still, you can prevent it by modifying your lifestyle.Like:-
(Important Tips By My Doctor)
- If you are suffering from overweight or obese problem due to PCOS then you can modify your eating habits. In this case, you must avoid fast food and foods with added sugars. You must eat whole grain products,fruits & vegetables and it’s better for you to do exercise regularly.
- All this help you to lowering blood sugar levels and will help to normalize hormone levels in your body.
- If you don’t want to get pregnant then use birth control pills. It will help you to reduce male hormone levels, controls and helps to clear acne and other skin related problems.
- Infertility problem due to PCOS is treated by IVF( Vitro Fertilization).
- Your doctor can also duggest medicine to control excess hair growth and for extra male hormones.
- If you have PCOS or PCOD then it’s better for you to control symptoms at an earlier age to reduce your chances of having complications like diabetes and heart related problems.
- Lastly, if you are suffering from this problem then don’t feel shy or hesitate. Do talk with your doctor redarding this problem. Your doctor can suggest you the proper medication as per your symptoms.