Yoga is always a best solution for all health related problems. Most of the people in this world looking for a weight loss tips but there are also some people who have issues with weight gain.
There can be several reasons for being underweight:-
- Poor eating habits.
- Genetical problems.
- Some health issue.
- Fast metabolism system.
- Poor lifestyle.
- Overwork or stress.
If your BMI is under 18.5, you are considered to be underweight. If you have fast metabolism system, then it will be difficult for you to gain weight. On the other hand, if you have slow metabolism system, it’s easy to gain weight fastly.
You can gain weight by adopting good lifestyle, eating habits and with the help of yoga too.
So here is the list of Top 5 yoga poses that helps to gain weight:-
yoga for weight gain
1) The Shoulder Pose( Sarvangasana)
The shoulder pose is one of the best & effective yoga to gain weight. This yoga pose helps to improve parathyroid,thyroid and pituitary glands due to increase oxygen and blood. It helps to balance reproductive and nervous system but avoid this yoga during pregnancy or any abdominal surgery. Regular practice of this yoga can help you to gain weight. For this:-
- Firstly, lay down and then put whole body and take all the weight on the lower body.
- Stand up on this side of head with the help of hands.
- Do this for 5 minutes and then do this regularly and see the results.
2) Wind-Relieving Pose( Pavanamuktasana)
This yoga pose is also effective for weight gain. It also helps to prevent various stomach related issues like indigestion, constipation and gastric problems. It helps to increase your hunger as well. For this:-
Image Credit:- www.bloatingtips.co.uk
- Lie on your back with feet stretched out and arm by the side.
- Fold your legs and inhale deeply and bring the knees towards the chest and pressurizing the abdomen.
- Lift your head so that chin touches the folded knees.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds and slowly release the knees.
3) Diamond Pose ( Vajrasana)
Diamond pose is extremely good for weight gain. It helps in improving the digestion and blood-circulation. It’s helpful in providing the better absorption of nutrients and automatically helps in promoting the body weight gain. For this:-
- Sit down on the comfortable floor on your knees with buttocks resting comfortably on your heels.
- Your back must be straight.
- Keep your palm in gyan mudra.
- With deep inhalations and exhalations hold this position continuously for 60-180 seconds.
4) Kapal Bhat Pranayam
Kapal bhati prayanam is one of the famous yoga. It helps to cure stomach related issues, acidity, improves insulin, functionality, reduces stress , improves metabolism and helpful in gaining weight. For this:-
- Sit on the floor with legs folded. Straight your back and place your palms on the knees.
- Take a deep breath in and then exhale all you can, thus, pulling inside your stomach.
- Repeat this process of inhalation and exhalation for about 5-7 times.
Also Read :- Best Diet Chart To Gain Weight
5) Fish Pose ( Matsyasana)
Fish pose is also known as ‘Matsyasana Yoga’. This yoga stimulate the muscles and organs of belly , throat, upper back, back of the neck and front portion of your neck. This yoga is great to gain weight also. For this:-
- Lay down on the floor and then twist legs together.
- Stand hands on back at buttocks and go on back till you go and take rest from your knee.
- Then do this for as much as time you give ti this and then rest.
- Do this again after 2 mins and practice this for 2-3 times a day regularly for best results.