Acne & pimples are the most common problems for all of us. These acne & pimples can be caused due to several reasons like:-
- Hormonal Imbalance.
- Excess Sebum.
- Bacterial Infection.
- Using Wrong Products.
- Stomach Issues.
- Excess Intake Of Dairy Food.
- Any Allergy etc.
It’s always better to treat your acne & pimples according to it’s causes.
Mild acne can be heal with time or you can use products that contains salicylic acid to treat your mild acne. If you’re suffering from bacterial acne 0r moderate cystic acne then you can use a gel or cream that contains ‘Benzoyl Peroxide Gel’.
What Is Benzoyl Peroxide Gel ?
Benzoyl Peroxide is powerful anti-biotic that helps to kill the bacteria causing acne & pimples. It unclogs skin pores and helps stop bacteria from growing. At first, it can make your acne & pimples more red and peel ( At first, it can make your skin worse) but after 1-2 hours, it will make your skin normal. So you need a patience to see improvement in your skin. It takes 8-10 weeks to treat your all bacterial acne & pimples completely.
What is Benzoyl Peroxide Gel used for ?
It’s used for treating acne especially bacterial acne because it works by irritating acne bacteria so they do not have the nutritional resources to produce. Benzoyl Peroxide Gel is a Keratolytic agent with anti-bacterial actions. The effectiveness of benzoyl peroxide appears to be due to its anti-bacterial, peeling(keratolytic) and drying actions.
It has Three Main Functions:-
Benzoyl Peroxide Gel For Bacterial & Moderate Cystic Acne
You know what! Cystic acne is caused when bacteria goes deep inside your pores. It looks like a red, tender bump that’s full of pus. Generally, Cystic acne ( Overproduction of bacteria that’s also known as Propionibacterium acne or P. acne) is an intense form of acne that requires a treatment from a good dermatologist but if you have moderate cystic acne or bacterial acne , you can use a gel or cream that contains’Benzoyl Peroxide’. It will help to kill the bacteria forming acne.
How Does Benzoyl Peroxide Work On acne ?
Benzoyl Peroxide Firstly, loosen the material inside the pore, helping to remove the”Plug” of bacteria, dirt and oil and then helps to reduce the redness and soreness that can accompany an acne lesion.
It’s mostly available either with Clindamycin gel or Adapalene gel.
List Of Products That contains ‘Benzoyl Peroxide’.
- Deriva BPO gel.
- Proactive +
- Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
- Clean & clear advantage 3-in-1 exfoliating cleanser.
- Derma topix benzoyl peroxide 10% wash.
- DDF benzoyl Peroxide gel 5% acne treatment.
- Dermalogica special clearing booster.
- Humane acne wash benzoyl peroxide 10%.
- Neutrogena rapid clear stubborn acne cleanser.
- Kate somerville anti bac clearing lotion.
- Paula’s choice clear extra strength daily skin clearing treatment.
- Panoxyl acne maximum strength forming wash.
- Acne star soap.
It may have some side effects too. Like:-
- If you’re pregnant , planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding then please don’t use it.
- If you have a gastrointestinal(bowel) disease or diarrhea then please avoid it.
- If you have a sensitive skin or allergies to medicines and food then do not use it.